Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rebekah Paul and The Toledo Ballet Family


The Toledo Ballet’s Nutcracker was the first production I ever danced in. I remember giggling with excitement and smiling at my sister as we both hid behind Mother Ginger’s big skirt. It may have been my first Nutcracker but it definitely wouldn’t be my last! This year will be my 6th time performing in Toledo Ballet’s Nutcracker. For me each year keeps getting better and better. I have countless amazing memories at the theater whether we were on stage or hanging out backstage.  The best part is I’m still dancing with a lot of the same girls! They’re not kidding when they say Toledo Ballet is like a family, a lot of us have grown up together. What I think makes the Nutcracker so special though, is that no two shows are the same; each brings new laughs, challenges, and experiences!
The Nutcracker is right around the corner and with each rehearsal we know we’re getting closer and closer to the performance date. Yesterday we began working on the Finale which is always really fun because it brings the whole cast together. Before we know it we’ll be dancing on stage for a huge crowd which makes all our hard work worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment