Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Charlotte Thurston: Happy to be Part of the Nutcracker!


Last year was the first year I participated in the Nutcracker, and the one thing I can say is only now do I know what I have been missing out on all of these years.  I immediately felt welcomed by the cast and the Nutcracker excitement was passed onto me.  I was nervous because almost everyone knew all of the choreography when we started the rehearsals because it was embedded into their brains from countless years of dancing and watching the various Nutcracker roles.

At first I was worried about this but after a few rehearsals I started to get the hang of things.  It was a thrill to see the dances start to come together more and more after each rehearsal, and it was amazing to watch the progress and to see the whole show come together.  I will never forget any of the memories I have from the nutcracker last year and this year.  I also met many new people that I am now great friends with.  I look forward to my many years of Nutcracker to come, and I am so happy to be a part of the Toledo Ballet Family.  I can’t wait for the performance this coming December!


No comments:

Post a Comment