Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Domonique Glover's Nutcracker Muscles

This will be my 3rd Nutcracker in which I am participating. I remember the very first one, where I was basically brand new to the entire Toledo Ballet family. Lisa must have heard a good word about me because I call saying "WE NEED MUSCLES!" and I ended up being a baby angel carrier (flying the little ladies across the stage in pitch darkness) & an Arabian cavalier (carrying a huge solid wooden carriage with a person inside!). THEN, there was a husband-less woman in the opening. so, half way through the weekend I was thrown into Party Scene. The best thing about that was having to mingle with everyone: though it only SEEMED like mingling everyone was telling me exactly what I needed to do on stage in T-minus 3 seconds...! I loved it.
The following year I did Party scene again, this time more prepared, and actually danced the Arabian. This year I'll be doing the exact same thing with THE BEST PARTNERS EVER! :) I look forward to each rehearsal....
Domonique Glover

No comments:

Post a Comment