Monday, November 19, 2012

Meredith Heckler: A Day in the Life of a Bunhead

 Ever since I was a little girl I loved ballet and preforming. I yearned to go to ballet class and dress into my leotards and tights just like the “big girls” did. Peeking my head through the door to watch these older girls dance was an activity in which I enjoyed so greatly. A typical day for me as a ten year old girl was to wake up, go to school, do homework, and go to ballet. Although now I  am one of those older girls, that  pre-ballerinas aspire to, not much has changed in my life. Yes I may have longer rehearsals, different roles, and more school work, but the family that Toledo Ballet has fostered (especially through the Nutcracker) is something that I cherish forever. We all work in collaboration, whether it is all having the same musicality in Waltz of the Flowers or decorating the door as a team for the door contest. Also, the memories that are formed from the Toledo Ballet Nutcracker will always remain with me. I can remember having my mom put my hair in pigtails (for puchnillias) and now my friend puts it in a New York City style bun. Overall, not much has changed since I was that little girl aspiring to be where I am today!


No comments:

Post a Comment