Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gwen Clark's Nutcracker History


I have been performing in the Nutcracker for 20 + years. My first part was a mouse. In order for my mom and dad to know who I was, I had a yellow ribbon on my tail.  My first dance on Pointe was a frost fairy, I was 9.  The best thing about being a frost fairy was that we had sparkling lights in our tutus.  The battery pack was a little heavy, but it was worth it. We looked very cool and the audience loved us. My favorite parts in the Nutcracker were Snow, Flute and Flower. I have now come full circle by being a mom in the Party Scene. Experiencing Nutcracker with my friends was always the best part for me. I still have that experience 20+ years later.  I also get to enjoy the Nutcracker with my daughter Emily, who is a company member.  I could never have imagined when I was younger that I would be dancing with my daughter in the Nutcracker.  Lots of great memories, then and now make the Nutcracker special for me. 
The pictures of me are from Party Scene, Flower and Flute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment