Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Katherine Bauer's Nutcracker Memories

As the  performance of my 8th Nutcracker approaches, I look back at my other performances with fond memories. I remember being scolded for eating cheesy crackers in costume and forgetting my shoes covers, along with memories of the parts I've done. I was in the first cast of angels who were lifted off the stage. That first year, when I was seven, we actually did a small dance before being "flown". That first year, some people were baffled by how it was done, and thought that "the little kids we're connected to dangerous wires.” However, we did have the dads lift us off, and my dad actually was the one to lift me off! So, now as I watch how the angels have changed, I can remember back to when the candles were glass, and girls dropped them 1 minute before the curtain opened. And as I advance more, I will be able to look back at other fond memories of the parts I dance today. The picture is of me and my dad that year I was an angel, and my dad was an angel lifter!

No comments:

Post a Comment